Called to Serve
Walking With Jesus … Serving Others
Ministries That Reach Out — Reach In — Touching All
“… but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ--from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.” (Eph 4:15-16)
As we consider who each of us is in the Body of Christ it is a joy to consider how each part does its share in the growing process. Below are examples of areas available to minister.
The Church as The Body Of Christ
- Prayer Groups / Intercessory
- Practical help for Widows, Singles and others.
The Church Facility
- Landscape Maintenance
- Regular Maintenance & Repair jobs/Special Projects
- Cleaning, mopping etc.
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” John 15:13. Thus by serving in His Name without discrimination, as Christ Jesus also commanded us — “love one another”.
The Church as a place to Serve Others
Sunday & Wednesday Teachers
Aides, Administrative help, Vacation Bible School
Caregivers/Helpers/See & Know (Currently need help for Sunday/Wednesday)
- Hospitality/Bible Studies/Prayer Chain
- Event Team (Breakfast/Dinner’s/Work Projects)
- Prayer Counselors
- Ushers (see Art Gross)
- Bible Study Participant (see Dean Peters)
Youth - High School/Jr. High Helpers
- Wednesday night assistance.
- Camp Coordinating assistance
- Hosting Homes/Activity Assistance
- Sunday Morning/Wednesday nights/Special events
- Vocals/Instruments -Home Fellowships, Main Services
- Running Overhead Projectors
- General Data Entry/Programming
- Website Assistance/Streaming-Podcast
Resources / Bookstore
“Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as you have done it unto the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:4
Widows/Singles & Single Parents
- Community Resource Interface for Support and Counseling Services
- Practical support and Resource coordination
- Medical, child care, transportation etc.
- Short Term Trips
- Bulletin Board Info
- Food Bank Coordination
- Abuse/Battered Women/Children interface with existing Community organizations
- Drug/Alcohol Treatment Coordination with existing community organizations
Please see Pastor Art or Dolores Griffin for further information.